COVID-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS FOR HORRORHOUND WEEKEND – (LAST UPDATED: MARCH 16, 2022)
COVID-19 has adjusted the landscape for for mass gatherings and events are both viewed and managed. We ask that all attendees of the upcoming HorrorHound Weekend event please be mindful of the changes to our standards of living and empathy towards your fellow horror fans as government and health mandated rules and practices have (and continue) to change on a weekly basis. Here is the latest information regarding the health and safety outlines of our upcoming HorrorHound Weekend event.
• From the Sharonville Convention Center: "The Sharonville Convention Center has taken aggressive action against the Coronavirus and other airborne contaminants through our proactive initiative to maximize indoor air quality. This initiative involves a new approach to ventilation, air system filters, routine system cleaning, and an avid pursuit of maintaining high level air quality. This new system, named Halo-LED proactively treats every cubic inch of air conditioned and heated space, thereby, reducing airborne and surface contaminants, pollutants, bacteria, germs, fungi and viruses such as Covid-19. ... However, LED UV light is only effective in reducing airborne micro-organisms that pass through the light rays. Therefore, it was decided we would strengthen this project further by installing the Commercial PHI Unit by RGF® which is designed to reduce micro-organisms in the air and on all surfaces by 99.9% through a process called photo-hydro-ionization. ... We are so excited about this new approach to creating a safe space for all of Sharonville’s activities to resume. We are passionate about bringing communities together in responsible ways through meetings, events, conventions and trade shows.
• Additionally, sanitation stations have been installed at various points of the convention center and neighboring hotels.
• As of March 16, 2022, Mask Mandates had not been made mandatory for the Sharonville Convention Center. However, the event organizer holds the right to inact certain mask requirements (to specific areas of the center) by showtime, if deemed necessary for the safety of our guests, attendees, staff, and volunteers. Even though now plans for such mandates are expected, we please ask that attendees be mindful of this possibility when preparing for the HorrorHound Weekend event. We encourage our attendees to bring masks, in case some limitations do occur. And even if it's not mandatory, we always encourage attendees to wear masks to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in an effort to both protect yourself, your neighbors, the various staff and volunteers at the event, vendors, and celebrity guests.
• Following county regulations, beyond CDC requests and requirement, proof-of-vaccine will not be requested to enter HorrorHound Weekend. Although we urge anyone planning to attend to stay home if they show any signs of sickness, including fever, or have knowingly been in contact with someone who was recentyly diagnosed with COVID. DO NOT attend the event if you yourself have tested positive with Covid (even if you show no signs of sickness) within 10 days prior to event.
• For our March 25-27th, 2022 event, our Night Terrors Saturday evening indoor concert experience will take place, and we encourage all attendees to use safe protocol while attending. This includes being mindful of social distancing and (as mentioned prior), we always encourage mask wearing (although it will not be mandatory). Saturday's Night Terrors will also feature the return of our after-hours COSTUME CONTEST. In an effort to be safe with our volunteers and staff, we are making sign up for this contest available online in advance of the show. Be sure to follow us on social media for more details. Additionally, Third Eye Brewing tap house will be offering fun for attendees after show hours – they are located just outside of the Marriott Delta hotel. Additionally, film festival screenings will take place at the Marriott Delta during after hours, and a special Scareoke Dance Party will take place on each night.
• Hotel rules and restrictions have been changing on a daily basis.
• PRO OPS – As of this update, no attending celebrity guests have requested plexiglass barrier for Pro Photo Ops. Although one will be on-hand during the event in case things change. Barrier will ONLY be used in case of request by specific guests. In all situations, masks may be removed when taking your professional photo ops.
Thank you, and please be sure to visit this page again, prior to show time, to see any new or updated information that may be helpful to your enjoyment of the event. Also, please follow the official HorrorHound Facebook page for the latest updates. CLICK HERE